Your bank account should not be drained by car insurance
Prices of the car insurance policy are determined by a number of variables, including the driver and the type of car, unfortunately. People are attempting to maintain their budgets in line with fluctuating fuel prices, interest rates, and other living expenses. Many people consider canceling their full insurance to cover other costs. There are things you can do today as well as overtime that will reduce your car insurance premiums.
DON’T CLAIM TOO OFTEN
- No claims bonus: One year of accident-free driving will cut off your premium by about 20 percent, and every year thereafter it is worth about 10 percent more, to a total of 60 percent at the top ‘ Rating 1 ‘ no claim bonus.
- Purchase a safe car: Choose a vehicle with additional safety characteristics such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, and automatic seat belts, and you’ll get another discount on your intelligent decision.
- Closely look at your Excess: Although you might pay more when you claim but increasing the excess cost on your policy will reduce the price of your premium.
IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE
A better credit score is likely to lead to a slight decrease in your premiums next time you shop for car insurance. As part of the criteria for determining the price of your insurance premium, many insurance companies now use your credit score. Be sure to pay your bills on time and contest any loan reporting mistakes you discover on your report to make sure you get the best deal possible. Applying for too many credit cards can hurt your score, so open new credit accounts only when necessary.
Choose closely between full or third-party coverage. Always check the distinctions between the prices of both, because paying the difference based on the value of the car may not be financially sound, but remember that third party cover is not always the cheapest choice.
In one state, the company with the lowest rates can be the most expensive. And for someone with poor credit or a recent accident, the cheapest company for a good driver with good credit may not be the cheapest.
Car insurance premiums are driven up by traffic tickets and accidents. Safe drivers receive a better premium for insurance that seems to be the common theme for most Insurance companies. Avoid speed and remain out of accidents and save on your premium 5 percent or more. Every time you go three years without a traffic violation, most businesses will further decrease your rate.
You may also like:
- TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR CAR INSURANCE IN THE UAE
- How To Choose Car Insurance Company
- IS PET INSURANCE WORTH THE COST?