Have any plans to take a vacation for a few weeks to refresh from all the exhausting work? Traveling out of town is a good idea to release the tension. However, to ensure that the money that you have worked all along worth it, here are some money-saving travel tips to minimize the cost while maximizing the experience.
• Make sure to call the hotel you choose before making an online booking. Even though it’s easier to make a booking online, it doesn’t guarantee you to get the best deals. There are many aspects involved, even your browser cookies involved. So, it is better to call the hotel around the expected date of arrival and speak directly with a manager or supervisor.
Ask if there is a special price package around your chosen date. Normally, hotels will give a discounted price to customers who choose unpopular rooms, such as a room that its window doesn’t face straight to the beach. If you are celebrating your birthdays or anniversaries, some hotels usually offer an upgrade for a night with special price.
• Comparing prices from different travel sites. Purchase tickets online is a lot easier than over the phone or directly from a flight agents. However, it’s important to compare the price first. You can do it by calling the airline and check the ticket price or go to a different booking site and see the price. When you find your best choice do not forget to consider the extra fees and re-calculate the fees.
• Book everything by yourself. Third party platforms such as travel agents or booking websites handle everything you need for an extra fee. That’s why they can offer you a cheaper ticket and there is some amount that will go to them. You will save some money by booking everything by yourself, by contacting you preferred hotel or airline. Sometimes, they will also offer you a special price.
• Try a repositioning cruise and flight. Airlines and cruise lines usually have a repo trips from time to time because of numerous reasons. What important is that it is cheaper than the normal trips but offers similar services. One downside, though, repo trips may take longer than the normal trip. In this situation, you need to plan your trip wisely.
• Share a room. Stay at the hotel is another thing to consider when traveling. You can find hotels that offer the same rates for a single person and two persons. So instead of booking another room, why not just get a room for both of you? Aside from the money thing, this will also be a good time to spend quality moments with a friend while on vacation.
• Avoid traveling during peak seasons. As the number of tourists goes up, so does the travel cost. Though visiting a certain place during Christmas time is a nice idea, travelers can save hundreds of dollars on flights and hotel accommodations if they are willing to wait to do it once the season is over.
Travelling should not be expensive. All you need is the right preparation, timing, and budgeting. By keeping all these budget travel tips in mind, everyone can have a wonderful vacation without shedding out too much money from their pockets.